If advertising in a special section within the magazine, please follow the below guidelines. For question or problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further print guidelines and specifications, please visit our details page here.
Please submit all camera-ready ads as flattened high resolution PDFs without spot colors to email@example.com. Please clearly mark your file with the advertiser’s name (not the designer’s name, design studio, or advertising agency name). Also, please indicate the month the ad is to run and which publication (5280, 5280 Home, or 5280 Health).
Special Section and Ad Dimensions
Insider’s Guide in 5280
General Advertising Specifications
In keeping with industry standards regarding digital ad delivery, 5280 Publishing is now promoting PDF/X-1a as the preferred submission format for all advertising files.We strongly encourage all advertisers to become familiar with the PDF/X standard. It is widely accepted and extremely reliable. For more information regarding this file format and a list of software vendors and service bureaus that support them, visit http://www.pdfxreport.com/doku.php?id=en:faq or www.swop.org.
- PDF/x-1a file uploaded via secure upload form (see above). Only one ad per file.
- All high-resolution images and fonts must be included when the PDF/X-1a file is saved.
- Only use Type 1 Fonts—No TrueType fonts or font substitutions.
- Images must be SWOP (CMYK or Grayscale) TIFF or EPS 300 dpi or greater.
- Total area density should not exceed SWOP 300% TAC.
- NO RGB or JPEG images. Do not nest EPS files into other EPS files. Do not embed ICC profiles within images.
- All required trapping must be included in the file(s).
Proofs & Spot Colors
Contact your account executive if you require Pantone (PMS) inks. Otherwise, all submissions must have process color throughout. In the absence of SWOP certified proofs, 5280 is not responsible for the color reproduction. Rich 4-color blacks must have a combined ink density of no more than 300 percent.